Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tuesday but kindof Monday

Well as many of you are aware today is really kind of a Monday or maybe a Monday afternoon as yesterday was a quasi holiday. I worked the morning Rode the MTB at lunch and then smoked ribs all afternoon which is to say the pump was primed and my legs were excited to get out of bed. Today's ride started in the dark dark as the sun was being lazy and was obscured by low clouds to boot. For that reason the first lap was a little on the steady side if you will. Well Blur B. started to wind it up up the bath house hill and wound up in this suspended state slightly off the front. Thomas the Train was not his usual self today. The Count must have tried to kill him again recently. Well anyway I took a swing up to Blur in an attempt to work with him and see if we might be able to slip away a bit and instead I brought the whole bunch to him. About that time Crozzy showed up late along with JeeP. We all know that Crozzy was flying as evidenced by the recent Thursday night show and JeeP is out on the MTB tearing faces off recently so those are two additions to the bunch for sure. Well after sitting in and relaxing a bit I noticed crozzy was easing up the road a bit in what appeared to simply be an effort to do some work. As I was watching the situation Russ-tic jumped across the gap and then Flyer Shirer. I started to see the gap increasing and I was thinking to myself, "Hey that might be the group to go with" So off I went to catch a ride. We went up the bathhouse hill with a rather large gap and off to the races we went. Well until we hit the stop sign at the spillway. We got stopped by a car and the group closed up on us. We shot out on the road and all of the sudden a car got between us and the group so we started to pour it on again. On Loving and Westshore we all climbed as well as we could together after Russ-tic bald spotted his tires doing some drift racing. At the top of Westshore Judge Roy Doooby caught up to us and shot by. Well needless to say our group of 4 became 5 and we never saw the rest of the bunch. Coming into the sprint I noticed Flyer Shirer was working to grab Russ-tic's wheel and I was cooked anyway so I got Judge Roy on my wheel and took a stab at it only to see Crozzy ripping by in a blaze of furry. He won.

Honorable mentioned today goes out to Crozzy's Scott. He will be giving back his ski poles today and putting some miles in on the Cross Bike. Also honorable mention today goes out to my bowels for not having a complete meltdown. I was so worked staying in the break that I almost pooped myself a couple of separate times. Good Times though. On an administrative note the Blog will be continueing to take some time to refresh and reboot for next year. Stay posted for updates of the cross racing series though.

No comments: