Tuesday, March 17, 2009
It sure is dark out there.
So how we doin????? Things good? Anyhow today was a fun ride as most tuesdays really are. For starters the darkness is accomodating to the count so he was with us in full glory today. Gotsome was there. Flying Fawley was at the helm and so was I believe ian, who shall from now on be called learners permit. Robert the Wrench was throwing fire balls as well. So the fun kicked off with a very calm first smooth side. Then Gotsome cranked it wide for a second on the bridge and the fun was in full swing. At this point a brave few of us were pulling knowing that the real fire works were just being pulled out of the boxes and set up. Gotsome took a flyer on the bathhouse hill which always makes the hill not so bad for the rest of us, but the flats afterward are usually blinding with everyone scattered everywhere. So enough with the fun, and it was on to luv me sum loving. Again Gotsome hit the gas with Learners Permit, Flying Fawley, and I believe Robert the Wrench on his tail and it looked as if we had a small problem on our hands. That is until traffic, the great equalizer, pulled out and blocked our breakaway. So up the next hill we go and things are together for the second time around. My fitness is still in recovery mode after a couple of rough weeks so I was at the back on the second lap and missed any goings on at the front which were close in. So on the bathhouse climb Gotsome hit the gas yet again and this time went alone for a second. Across the top we went, and we all came back together. On loving Learners Permit hit the front and it looked as if Flying Fawler, and Tri Guy were right on him eventually pulling Gotsome and Robert the Wrench up to them. As we were bombing down lakewood Thomas the train, The Count, Russ-tic, Mad Matt Thunderdome, and I were gapped. This was not looking good as the group in front all deserved to be there. I was not panicking as I knew we had the stop sign to contest and since Joe Howard did not show up anymore I knew the guys at the front would not urban assault it. Well they got a break and we got a truck at the stop sign and I became overly concerned we just bought a ticket to a great sprint finish from behind the stage. Anyhow I took one pull and my match was out. The Count, T the T, and Russ-tic did a great job of truly closing down the gap and it was all together going into the sprint. I decided it would be good to try and do some work for Flyin Fawley and try to lead him out. Anyway I committed one of my big no no's and moved up the inside against the curb. As I hit the front I noticed Mad Matt was trying to get off the front and swung right..... basically into me. This is why this is one of my no-no's and I should have known better so My bad for almost wrecking everyone. I do not know who won the sprint bacause my steller braking made it hard for me to ramp back up so yet again, whoever did win, congrats on all that. You cats have a fantastic day and lets keeper headed into the sun shall we.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment