Alright today's update is short. So was the ride at least for me. I was all sorts of ready for a good solid working over today but the weather had other plans. The ride was going quite nicely with Fred and Matt doing the lions share of the work today. Blur Baker was in there taking some pulls and the tempo was high and tight!! We hit the spillway and I noticed sky to ground lightening that appeared to be right on top of my house. I heard from the Koondoggy that the radar showed a strong line of storms heading right for us. Nice rear tire color by the way Koondoggy! Anyhow Blur and I had a quick discussion about how riding in a Thunderstorm in Texas is slightly lower on my desired activities than a root cannal, so we headed home at the top of westshore after at least a little pounding. Now on to a matter worth discussing. Blur informed us that last year he had a head on collision with a gentleman who appeared to be looking for a cash settlement, and might have secretly been one of Flyer Shirers clients. He graciously pointed out that gentlemen was out again today, after we had yielded the rightaway to him, and called us a dirty name (stick and stones dude). What I want to take issue with is what happened after Blurs incident last year. Apparently the gentleman went to the Bike Marty and started looking for someone who was involved in the ride, and Pat G-Money informed him of who Blur was. This in turn resulted in the gentleman showing up with a medical bill in hand the following Tuesday. Now as I see it Pat did the right thing. That being said let me try and encourage us to do the wrong thing. I would like to refer all unfortunate situations at the lake involving cylcist to Phill Kroll. Example, "You A%%hole, I cannot believe you knocked me off my bike", "Hi, My names Phill Kroll, how much do I owe you".
Honorable mention today. The weather. Robodobro for showing up after hip replacement surgery and completing the entire first lap with us. Tiger is starting to sound like a wimp right. Keep it rubber side down and have a good one ya here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We actually finished the ride without a drop of rain falling on us. On the "cool down" lap, it started sprinkling at the south end of the lake. I guess all the heavy stuff stayed west of us. I saw plenty of lightning, but only heard one thunder clap.
Fine. Rub it in. Of course, you and Thomas the Train are known to have ridden directly through a category six hurricane on three separate occasions.
The count has also opened up the door for another absolutely perfect use of a movie line. "I don't think the hard stuff's gunna settle in for quite some time" said carl spackler to the priest
Gunga galunga gunga - gunga galunga.
Post a Comment