I liken today's ride to the game we played when we were kids when we would trade shoulder punches. No one would ever get really hurt but we would all yell ouch and end up sore. That being said I am going to say the ride was quite fast with a lot of stops and starts because the Count is doing his job of encouraging us to play nicely in the sandbox better known as the lake. So we did wait on Thomas the train, even though Parks and Recreation was itching to go and off we went. Nothing blistering on the smooth side but we did pick up some traffic for the romper room back of the line. I loved watching this one guy basically squirming down the road in our pack and watching Flyer Shirer move to the front in a bold attempt to save skin when, not if but when that guy crashed. Anyhow we hit the back side and out of nowhere quadzilla Mirage shows up and moves to the front to ooze some testosterone on us. About that time The Tabinator also went to the front to push the meat wagon down the road. We got to the hill and Matt went up it like a helium balloon and off we went. I imagine this is when Flyer Shirers friend Scratch and Dent went bye bye. Anyway we also continued to flex some muscle until we hit the hills and I noticed that the count was calling out everything and I mean everything. It was much like riding with a caddy. So down the smooth side and nothing eventful happened then right before the bath house climb Tabinator takes a brief dig and Dodgeball counters as a good team rider and the throw down was on. I moved up the road with Matt on my wheel and we got to TtT and Dodgeball about the time they started looking at each other. I then went to the front hoping to encourage our 4some to Play though. Well when I looked back and realized Parks and Recreation was on as well as the host of others I decided to sit up before I started digging for an extra lung in my jersey pocket. The hills did not do much for the fun factor and back on the smooth side the sprint was looming; BUT another car was in our way. Fred and Tom were on the front and it looked as if it was time to start digging in the pockets for a coin or two for some late's and a post ride story or two when suddenly the truck made an abrupt turn and opened up our lane again!!!! Like in Wayne's World, "Game On" was quoted and Fred and Tom started riding like it was a jail break. Russ-tic hit the front to sprint and wound up giving me a good, all be it late, lead out and I came around him looking for Flyer Shirer. I could not come around him but something of noteworthiness. When Flyer Shire makes a Humping motion on his bike and looks as if He is cramping up he is probably just getting a better angle so he can look in his mirror.
Men of Noteworthyness. Shirer won without doing any work to chase anything down today. Soon he and Stein will be skipping the hills together. Also Parks and Recreation is healed up nicely and back to his cagey ways on the bike which is good to see. Finally Park Place Lexus should be thanked for paying the entry fees for Dodgeball and Tabinator.
Also Thursday the helmet cam will be in full force so we should have some video on this bad boy!! You guy coming out on Tuesdays and Thursdays seriously add to the quality of my life so thanks for that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's a nice view when I look in my rearview mirror and I see the entire rest of the pack as I roll across the finish line. Hindsight is 20/20, especially when you win.
Post a Comment