Thursday, June 5, 2008

Wind Surfing / Or so I hear

Alright. Did not make it out this morning as I spent the night on the couch with my 1 year old who had a stomach bug while my wife was upstairs with my 3 year old who was pooping his brains out and throwing up as well. I did hear it was windy and I did here there was a special appearance by Jujitsu Howard. He finally saw how much fun we were having on the bike and realized running really is not that cool after all. Whats up with those sleeveless running shirts anyway. Since I have nothing to reflect on today lets dip into Tuesday for a second. I think we who are out there week in week out have gotten complacent and started simply sitting in and taking pulls. After speaking with Fast Fawley I was inspired by the fact that attacks and breaks should be happening on that Tuesday ride!! It is a Race/Ride, So I would like to throw down the gauntlet and say "GITRDUN".

Honorable mention today. Eileen Mabus passed away Tuesday night at 6 pm. She was 89 years old and died of congestive heart failure. She lived at the north end of the lake at CC. Young and was a huge sports fan. Most importantly she was my grandmother. She probably would have been a massive cycling fan if she had been with it enough to explain the greatness of the sport in her later years. That being said I will always think about here at the north end of the lake so you jokers better watch out when we get to ripping. Also Honorable mention today is Shirer Flyer's mom who is also at CC Young. Positive thoughts to her as well.

No comments: