So fall is coming. Time to prime the lights and get ready for a dose of bug protein at the lake now. This mornings race report will be somewhat brief as was my involvement. With The Count back in his tomb by 7 now, the ride started a bit confused. As we overheard the Casket door close it was time to roll out. After a few slow brief moments though Thomas the train worked his way to the front to take his position of leadership and all was suddenly kindof right in this world. Our Celebrity appearances today are as follows. CroZzy was in full force. Big Legged Mirage was back for more. Flyer Shirer showed up on the fixie. Chainknee was out, back on the road bike. ClarkO was also out sporting some very impressive summer fitness. So the fun rolled on. Well we blew the stop sign coming off Mockingbird, and sure enough if someone was coming the opposite direction, time to dip and dive, only to find that someone else had set his bike in the road on a kickstand for us to play some more dodge ball with. I THOUGHT ALL THE HOTTERNHELL HACKS WERE NURSING SADDLE SORES STILL. Anyway Jeep hit it hard up the first hill and started a small bit of fragmentation in the bunch. I moved to the front to take some complimentary pulls and earn my fluids at which point Brandman, Matt of Few Words, Big legged Mirage, and Thomas the Train were on the front rotating. Well coming down the path behind the arboretum my light battery came off of my seatbag. This is not a good thing. As a result I got the battery loose and stuffed it in my jersey pocket. So now I have this battery cable dangling in my rear wheel. I tucked it in my seat bag strap and we hit loving. the group was working pretty hard and fighting together but no one individual was ripping at the legs yet. Well we hit the bottom of the second hill, and darn it if my light cable did not pop loose and wedge itself in the rear brake of my rear wheel. I got to stop. Fixed the light and started rolling backwards to get back together. Well I got back on around the arboretum. Again we hit about 30 mph down the path which was interesting. Heading into Loving a second time, CroZzy was pulling, and setting some wood screws while pulling out the 18 volt dewalt. About this point Judge Roy Dobi hit the gas and started to move up the left. I decided, although I had not done the whole ride it was time to earn my fluids again. Well Judge Roy Dobi and I pinned it and after some BMX turning hit the second hill solo. At this point I thought my efforts were going to make me poop my britches. So I sat on JR Dobi up the second climb. Brian came across and started hitting the front to make our efforts even greater. I took one pull only to realize that Russtic was pulling us back with the group in tow. I burned my matches and I was done. I think CroZzy took the group took the group to the line and it looked like either Pretty Boy Boyd or Russtic took the sprint. Good clean fun had by all.
Honorable mention. Russtic for really taking a personal interest in the real estate known as white rock/well... and Mockingbird. Good to see someone take such interest at the grass roots level of our fair city. A good example to all. Also honorable mention is the dogwood tree for uprooting itself and moving two feet before someone we know hit it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment