Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tuesday Feels like Monday

Hola Compadres. Today was sure a good time. Man I am feeling way out of shape though. Here is the skinny. Started the ride with a brisk run down the smooth side all while having the good fortune of Detlef join us one last time before leaving our fair city. Well anyway we got to the bathhouse climb and the hell began to get unleashed. We went blazing by Erica On and On Badu's house and it looked like JeeP, The Count, and Thomas the Train were on the front keeping the good times at hand. Well after a quick trip behind the Arboretum, We hit the hills with everyone looking a little pensive. I was on the front and started to wind it up when The Tabinator came ripping by on the left. I caught his wheel and rolling into Westshore I did some MTB skills clinic work to get around the corner and down the hill we went. The Tabinator and I for whatever reason could not get on the same page as far as speed but we did get about 5 guys in a group that started to form a bit of a gap on the rest of the jokers. Well that got absorbed and back to the smooth side we went only to have The Count attack. The Tabinator went with him and we started to chase again. About this time my week off the bike was starting to really put me deep inside the pain locker with someone else locking the outside. Well we hit the smooth side and I think I took one small pull only to have someone attack as I was swinging off. Darn you somebody. About that time we started to roll behind the arboretum when The Count attacked as I was pulling off the front again. Darn you The Count. Well then we hit the bridge where and somehow Christian was up the road. Not sure how that happened but the thought is that might not have been the most sporting move of the day. I did not see so all I can say is we started a chase. Well on loving I though I was seeing Elvis and Jesus screaming at me on the grass. Got to the top and chased down the hill and was recovering a bit. The Lakewood came and I went. Well the stop sign saved my ride life and I was back on for good. I did notice however that the ride was quite small by now. No Chaineeeee, No JeeP, and a few others had dwindled to no so much. Well Mr. Brown Town with his excessively shiny cranks pulled off the coup and attacked going into the last corner. Flyer Shirer jumped on Greg the Bike Breakers wheel and according to Shirer Flyer he might have won if you are Liberal with the line placement. I don't know and really don't care because at that point I was simply trying to get my helmet and gloves off as I was just plain darn uncomfortable. I am not taking another week off like that for a while!!

Honorable mention today goes yet again to the Count and Thomas the Train for selflessly always working at the front on the rides even when the rest of us feel terrible. Also the mirage members sporting ink. Way to make all the old guys look cool!!

No comments: