I went to a camp called Kanakuk as a kid in Missouri. The camp was a Christian sports camp, and when I say sports I mean really... really into sports. Our days would consist of waking up for a Mr. Hustle period. Then we would eat breakfast, Cabin Cleanup, and three more periods in different sports disciplines, oh, and you were expected to jog between periods to make sure you were on time to your events. Great camp and a great place to send your kids if you so choose. So you get the drift. Well when it would rain things would come to a halt and we would all go back to our cabins. We would call it re-rack time. Well today I got out at 6 am to ride and noticed the roads were dry but I was getting spit on sitting there. With the forecast this did not bode well for my ride so I crawled back in bed which was not being partially occupied by my wife and 3.5 year old. I have determined they were far better training partners this morning than any of you jokers.
Have a good day and I will see those of you not heading to Hottern Hell Thursday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What are Christian Sports? The Lion Scamper, where contestants run furiously away from such savage beasts? How about the Noah, where the object is to see how many creatures can be crammed on one boat in a certain period of time. Maybe the "40 year hike in the desert" which is plain and simple an endurance contest. And lastly, a variation of cross racing where contestants have to run with crosses a certain distance with the fastest winning. (Style points are possible in this event.)
Post a Comment