http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw7X3RyKFxs
Our ride is public. Only problem is Youtube really reduces the quality. I gotta find a better source.
So the story goes. Flyer Shirer was at home doing yoga and raking his zen garden, (I can see him now in his silk robe with a neck tie tied around his head and a rake in hand working on his fang schway). Anyhow Russ-Tic must be on vacation with the kids in Big Bend or some other place where the heat does not effect skinny people. Greg the Bike Breaker is actually here but he broke his bike again just looking at it last night. All that to say we were missing some heavy hitters/workers today so the ride was interesting. Downtown Brown was out there as was Lestaria, trying to figure out how to get the sand from Padre out of his bike shorts. Parks and Recreation was on full gas. Mattman was on the front raging as was Tabonator. So off we go easy sit in trying to anticipate the camera turn on and then we got to the other side of the lake. I went to the front to try and do some dirty work and we started stomping on the top of the Bath House hill. Coming to the stop sign I started to cramp and felt like someone was pouring Concrete in my legs. Never a good sign. Well we got to the hills and JeeP went to the whip on his Felt and off we went. I did some Olympic gate crashing at the top of loving and we were rolling good down Westshore. Well on Lakewood BLVD The Count went for blood and a new world was starting to settle in. About this time a break got up the road. Well Blurr Baker, Mattman and Tabonator chased down whoever it was up the road. I was cross eyed so I don't remember. Anyhow The Count took a stab at it, going into the Mockingbird bridge and took Mattman with him. I sat up a bit realizing today was not a good day for me. Anyhow it started to turn into a Tom/Fred vs. Matt-Tabonator grudge match with the rest of us left to suffer it out together in the middle. I think it important to note I skipped the hills on the second lap to get my camera working going into the sprint. That being said I hear that Debent went up the road on the hills in a signature move and was way off the front with Tom and Tabonator chasing and then the pack huffing along behind. Well the stop sign played its part and it quickly all came back together. I started pulling to try and give some of the dudes a break and help keep it smooth heading into the sprint. I can now understand why Stein sprints every time. I felt great all the sudden but like a true sporting gentleman I swung off to let the participants give a go at it. Browny Brown hit the front in his 53-11 and I think Tom or Fred won. I am still tired and am looking forward to a restful night!!
Honorable mention. Robodobro. That hip is starting to come around. Debent for attacking after a long hospital stay. All you losers who stayed home!!!!!! The rest of us had to take up your slack. I hope your holiday slumber is quickly squelched by kids with buckets of water.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Fun reads, Rick. Keep 'em coming.
I can't believe Flyer Shire took a day off. How many days is he going to take off already? I mean, that's like 2 or 3 days off the bike this year! What a sluggard.
Great job on the video, Rick. Thanks for putting the time and effort into it.
Glad to do it mr. the count. This is fun stuff plus we can now prove to our wives we are not just out jumping curbs on our bikes.
Post a Comment